If your workplace is searching for new free online meeting apps, you do not have to step out. Between completely free open-source apps or providers offering a free version of their pay-as-you-go service, there is a larger list of completely free video conferencing solutions out there with screen sharing than you might think. Many teams depend on 0nline calls to exchange details, plan initiatives, or communicate with prospective clients or current clients.
Online meetings can also help to simplify technical support or even customer service. Conference calls are pretty much a predetermined aspect of the job for everyone, but instead of having a tedious phone call, these applications make it easy to do a lot more through screen sharing, video conferencing, and electronic whiteboard devices. Although not the most popular free platform available.
What is Free Online Meeting Apps?
Free online meeting apps are an internet infrastructure that provides free audio conferencing and video conferencing solutions. These tools allow webinars, toll-free calls, HD video meetings, and training sessions to hold either life or recorded by the presenters.
Using built-in cameras, speakers, and microphones or external devices, web conferencing enables high-quality face-to-face video meetings or group phone calls over an Internet connection. Online meeting apps provide the opportunity to exchange free displays and to set up interactive meeting rooms for users to dial and collaborate.
Online meeting apps helps teams to use certain functionality along with smartphone phones.
Here are the top 5 best free online meeting apps, all of which provide screen sharing.
1. Google Meet.
Designed for corporate users, Google Meet is an improved edition of Google Hangouts. Google Meet is designed around scheduled video meetings between team members with features similar to Zoom, such as calendar syncing, conference room booking, and a more polished user interface.
Google Meet is built, installed, and run to be secure in size. Meet hosts 3 billion minutes of video meetings and attracts about 3 million new users a day. And as of last week, participants in Meet’s daily meeting exceeded 100 million. It is with this growth that great responsibility comes. Security and protection are paramount, regardless of whether it is a doctor sharing a patient’s private health records, a financial planner holding a client meeting, or people electronically talking to each other for graduations, holidays, and happy hours.
- A strong set of host controls, such as the right to allow or reject access to a conference, and to silence or delete attendees, if appropriate.
- Do not allow anonymous users to join meetings created by individual accounts ( i.e., without a Google Account);
- Meeting codes are by nature complicated, and thus immune to “guessing” brute-force.
- Meet video meetings are encrypted in transit, and all recordings stored on Google Drive are encrypted both in transit and in rest.
- There are no plugins required to use Meet on the web. It operates completely in Chrome and other modern browsers, so it is less susceptible to threats to protection.
- Dedicated Google Apps in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Meet users can enroll their account in Google’s Advanced Protection Program — our strongest protection against phishing and hijacking.
- Google Cloud performs stringent protection and privacy checks daily across all its services. Our global certifications for enforcement will help to meet regulatory standards such as GDPR and HIPAA, as well as COPPA and FERPA for schooling.
- Your Meet data is not used for advertisement purposes, and we will not transfer the data to third parties.
Zoom is one of the most popular business video conferencing solutions. It is rich in apps, with various options depending on company size and requirements. Prices range from free for basic personal meetings to $19.99 / month/host (with a minimum of 100 hosts) for large companies.
The business-level plan features include up to 200 meeting participants, unlimited cloud storage, custom emails, a vanity meeting URL, and more.
- HD video and audio: Bring HD video and audio to your meetings with support for up to 1000 video participants and 49 videos on the screen.
- Built-in collaboration tools: Multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting.
- Meet securely: encryption for all meetings, role-based user security, password protection, waiting rooms, and place attendee on hold.
- Recording and transcripts: Record your meetings locally or to the cloud, with searchable transcripts.
- Streamlined calendaring: Support scheduling or starting meetings from Outlook, Gmail, or Cal.
- Team Chat: Chat with groups, searchable history, integrated file sharing, and 10-year archive. Easily escalate into 1:1 or group calls.
Microsoft ‘s famous Skype service has been expanded as an enterprise-ready video conferencing platform. It has several business features, such as allowing up to 250 attendees to meet and connect with other Skype users and virtual whiteboarding capabilities.
There are, however, some limitations, such as the lack of an integrated audio conference dial-in feature and the lack of hardware support for online-only plans. User fees begin at $2 per user per month.
- Skype is built to communicate with the people that care most in your life and work. It’s designed for both one-on-one and group conversations and works wherever you are – via mobile, PC, Xbox, and Alexa. Skype Texting and HD voice and video call can help you express your thoughts and get stuff accomplished with others.
- With Skype, you can hold meetings and make amazing stuff for your workgroup, share a story, or celebrate a celebration for friends and relatives, and learn a new talent or activity with your tutor. It’s free to use Skype – send messages and have audio and video calls with groups of up to 50 people!
- When you spend a bit, you will do it, in many places, for more users – including phone calls or SMS messages. You should pay on the journey or purchase a membership, whichever fits for you.
- Test Skype today and start incorporating your friends, families, and colleagues. They ‘re not going to be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all kinds of things together.
GoToMeeting has many helpful apps, including simultaneous meetings or arranging of meetings, recording of meetings, and in-app sharing of meetings between members. GoToMeeting price starts at $14 / month for groups of up to 10 meeting participants and costs $29 / month for larger groups of 150 participants.
- Personal Meeting Room: From now on, busy meeting rooms are a thing of the past. Your meeting room is just a few clicks away – no matter where you are.
- HDFaces Video Conferencing: Collaborate face to face with up to 25 high-definition video feeds per session.
- Desktop Options: Join from your Mac, PC, Chromebook, Linux, or mobile device.
- Mobile Options: Use the free mobile app to start an instant or already-scheduled meeting from an iPhone, iPad, Android device, or Windows mobile device and present content from an iPad.
- Desktop/Application Sharing: Broadcast a view of your desktop to a specific application.
- Hand Over Control: Pass keyboard and mouse control at any time.
- Drawing Tools: Direct attention using drawing tools while sharing your screen.
- Virtual Whiteboard: Brainstorm on a virtual whiteboard and show your participants.
5. Cisco WebEx.
An industry-standard service, especially for those with a large number of team members or an exceptionally large company, Cisco’s WebEx video conferencing service operates as a mash-up of web conferencing and voice calling services, enabling online or telephone meetings to be held depending on the location and capacity of the participant at the time. The price starts at $13.50 / host/month.
- Simple, video-first experiences provide more lifelike online meetings.
- Unmatched video quality with customizable layouts make it easier to actively participate in online meetings—even when you’re remote.
- Host or join a video meeting from any device, including mobile, tablet, laptop, or video device with one consistent experience.
- Easily join from a video device and connect using any standards-based video conferencing system—Cisco or otherwise.
- Active speaker layout that shows a large view of who is talking, plus seven participant video thumbnails.
- Full-screen video that shows just the person talking.
- Grid view shows equal-sized video windows for up to 25 people.
- Easily navigate your online meeting with the centralized control bar for quick access to all your meeting controls.
- Record your online meeting with a click of a button.
- Quickly screen share or share content, like applications, files, browsers, or videos.
- Chat privately or publicly with participants during the meeting, and monitor interest with real-time polls.
- Host or join meetings from mobile, web, or desktop.
- Download the mobile app for easy access to your meetings from iOS or Android devices, including wearables.
- Native content and screen sharing on iOS devices.